Verizon email can be accessed at a high-speed internet through the POP3 protocol. But, there is one limitation of POP3 as well that it doesn’t allow multiple PCs and devices to synchronize one account automatically.
If you have the default settings, then any email received on your tablet will be deleted from the computer as soon as you delete it on the tablet. You will have to configure settings in your Verizon account on the tablet to ensure that the emails you delete from the tablet are present on the PC. Let’s assume that you are using iPad, so here are the Verizon’s Email configuration settings for iPad.
- From iPad’s home screen, tap ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘mail, contacts, calendars’ option.
- Tap ‘Add account’ under Accounts heading. This will open up a new screen with the title ‘new account’.
- Tap ‘POP’ option, which is at the top of the tablet’s screen.
- Type in your name and email ID in appropriate fields.
- In the description field, enter an identifier like, ‘Verizon’. With this, you can manage multiple email accounts on the tablet.
- Fill in all the fields in incoming mail server section. If you don’t know what to add in the fields, then call Verizon email helpdesk umber for best technical support.
- Now, you need to fill in the information in Outgoing mail server section. If you don’t know what to fill, then again, take help from Verizon email support.
- Tap ‘Save’ after which, the tablet tries to connect to the account, but fails. You need to tap ‘details’ followed by ‘accept’ in order to ensure that tablet succeeds the next time.
- Go to home screen and open ‘settings’. Tap ‘mail, contacts, calendars’ option followed by a description for Verizon email account.
- Tap ‘SMTP’ > ‘Use SSL’ > turn it ‘ON’. Tap ‘server port’ and change it to ‘465’
- Go to ‘advanced’ and tap ‘SSL’ to turn it ‘ON’. Tap ‘server port’ to change the value to ‘995’. Tap ‘Delete from server’ to change the value to ‘never’.
- Tap ‘done’ and by doing so, the process gets completed.